Monday 21 May 2012

Build Day 88/IVA Update part two


Build time today 1.5 hours - Total build time 258.5 hours.
Man time today 1.5 hours - Total man time 287.5 hours.


Passed, took 10 seconds for the retest. That's almost £10 a second. 

Oli had been back to college so managed to pick him up on the way and over to VOSA for 16:15. Passed, handed over more money and got my certificate. I spoke to Mark at Westfield and he sorted out a Certificate of newness to go with the DVLA V55 and IVA pass certificate. Only a slight de-tour to pick it up and very nice of them to wait for me to arrive. 

Started my Post IVA work, first I had a look at fitting the wind deflectors, so removed the IVA protective covers from the mount points then got the brackets out to try. Would not fit the holes need to be enlarged slightly up to 5mm. it was not that easy to get a drill at the bottom mount points but managed using a flexible drill attachment, mounting brackets now fit just right. Not quite sure how they line up though, I think I do but I think better to check before drilling holes in the wrong location. 

I then removed the temporary edge cover from the Roll bar and fitted my Tax disk holder

Edging that got me through
Tax disk holder - ready and waiting


To finish the day I removed the large number plate holder ready for a smaller one to be fitted.

Hopefully I can get away lunch time to get to the DVLA office so I can part with more money.


No comments:

Post a Comment