Monday 16 April 2012

Build Day 86


Build time today 2.0 hours - Total build time 253.5 hours.
Man time today 2.0 hours - Total man time 282.5 hours.

Fuel leak sorted at last, checked it several times over the last couple of days, each time tightening a little more. It looked like the issue was the brass fitting that screws into the tank was not quite tight enough. Once installed it is not particularly easy to get to so difficult to judge the tightness, rather than just trying to tighten up with the chance of sheering the fitting I used the approach of a little at a time until there was not leak and then just a little more for good measure.

The electrical tape I used to secure the cycle wing edging was not holding and kept peeling off so I purchased to duct tape off eBay. I have now used strips of this to secure the edging and it seems to be doing the job.

I also used some on the side screen brackets to help secure the covers in place.









With these tasks done I could drop the car down off its stands and drive it out of the garage into the sun.
There are a couple more tasks that need to be done before the IVA.



First I had another look at the front flexible brake pipe routing. I tried twisting the pipes to get them to run away from the body or suspension but could not so decided to use so protective ducting and secure to top wishbone, checking there is still enough slack plus not over tightening the cable tie securing in place.  (post IVA comment, inspector commented on the this arrangement saying it was better than the factory solution, they nearly always have to adjust the brake pipe routing during the test)


I then trimmed the bonnet catch covers so that fitted better, in their supplied from there is quite an excess of plastic and my worry was this would apply outwards pressure on the catch possibly allowing it to open.

In there trimmed from they fit much better and the catches feel secure.

Last job I need to tackle is to fit some edging around the RAC Roll bar covers, order from eBay.

I sent the forms off for the IVA over a week ago, they were very quick to phone and get payment but seem to be taking there time with an appointment.


I spent quite a while tidying up the garage, putting tools away and assembling the tools and bits and bobs I think I need to take on the IVA test. As I plan to drive and Oli wants to comer I will have to work out where I am going to put everything.

1 comment:

  1. Car looks good - I've seen some Westfield's with spiral wrap (~£1.50/mtr on ebay) on the flexi brake hoses as protection for the IVA.

    Jon H

    ReplyDelete