Monday 2 April 2012

Build Day 78


Build time today 1.0 hours - Total build time 229.0 hours.
Man time today 1.0 hours - Total man time 254.5 hours.

Managed to pop into the factory on the way home, they said the approach I was taking to the harness mounts was correct bolt through flat washer, harness mount, serrated washer and into mount point and that they should screw in without any trouble, I asked if it could be that the threads needed to be cleaned, which we agreed would be a probable cause and that the holes could be tapped to clear them. I have metric taps but they said this was an imperial fitting 7/16" but lent me a tap.

When I got home I spent some time tapping all the mount points and checking that the bolts would go in OK. After some effort with the drivers outer mount point I could get the bolt in OK. As the carpet was installed on the passenger side I installed the harness, putting the IVA covers in place. I could then pop the tape back up to the factory in the morning as it was open, rather than worrying about returning it on the Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment