Sunday 25 March 2012

Build Day 71


Build time today 2.0 hours - Total build time 198.5 hours.
Man time today 2.0 hours - Total man time 223.0 hours.

Spent time with carbon wrap. There is Westfield on the grill but its black, I had considered paining it when I spotted some orange carbon wrap on eBay so decided to have a go with that. It was a simple but time consuming task to stick on the wrap then carefully cut down the edges of the letters.  The end product looks OK and highlights the Westfield nicely.










Next on to the roll bar covers. I had mocked the covers up using some foam I had, which was brown, just to see how they worked so I need to strip them down remove the foam and aluminium covering before applying black carbon wrap. I had considered the orange but decided the black would be better. It was a matter of carefully wrapping each piece, sticking on some black foam to seal the edges and screwing them on with black button head screws. They still need a little adjustment but I think they will do the job and are slightly neater than the default covers.






No comments:

Post a Comment