Wednesday 21 March 2012

Build Day 70


Build time today 1.5 hours - Total build time 196.5 hours.
Man time today 2.0 hours - Total man time 221.0 hours.

Finished fitting the boot lid, cutting the holes was a real fiddle, finally managed to find a tool to make the slots deep enough to allow the catches to turn. Not quite sure what I will ever put in the boot though.

Next on to the front of the car, decided to have a go at the indicators. The guide is quite clear on what to do and I just followed the guide, checking and double checking measurements though. The Indicators are assembled and the holes cut in the body work but I have not fitted them so that I have more room to work on the head lights.

Next on to the head lights the Guide is not quite so clear in this area, there are instructions but they need a little interpretation.  Rather than mess it up or take longer than necessary once I had had a general look to see what I had and how it looked to go together I decided that a trip to look at a factory car would be of help.

To finish off I decided to fit the bonnet catches, a relatively straight forward task but one that is easier with a couple more fingers, soon sorted with Oli and I working on it.

Getting close to completion now.

No comments:

Post a Comment