Wednesday 21 March 2012

Build Day 69


Build time today 2.0 hours - Total build time 195.0 hours.
Man time today 2.0 hours - Total man time 219.0 hours.

Checked the mountings I had glued on for the grill and they seem to have held OK. Won't fit the grill yet though as I am sure the access through the nose will be useful when fitting the head lights and indicators.

More work on the boot lid, first I completed trimming the return edge of the boot lid to allow it to fit. Next on the the locks. I had noticed a small flaw in the boot lid when I first fetched it down from the bedroom which I planned to bring up with Westfield at a later date. Looking at where to put the locks I then noticed another flaw  and upon closer inspection realized that the flaws were mirrors of each other and in the region I was looking to put the locks.  It may be that the flaws were intentional to indicate where to put the locks. 

Fitting the locks was not too difficult. It was a matter of marking the shape of the required hole and then drilling a starter hole and filling until the lock fitted.

Making the slots in the body work is a little more tricky though, I used masking tape on the inner edge to get an idea where to cut the slots and the base slots are now cut but need to be extended to allow locks to properly engage. Not quite sure how or what I will use to extend the slots through. A job for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment