Thursday 15 March 2012

Build Day 64



Build time today 1.0 hours - Total build time 178.0 hours.
Man time today 1.0 hours - Total man time 203.5 hours.

Managed to grab an hour before tea. 

Now I have the correct torque settings for the manifold I quickly made sure the studs were all torqued to the correct setting.

I next moved on to completing the mounts for the harness rings. I had purchased a smaller sanding wheel for my Dremel that allowed it into the hole in the body work. It was a matter of expanding the hole to the line on the masking tape.
Next on to the task of cutting the holes for the roll bar stays. I had rigged up some bolts with copper pipe spacers that I can use to get the line. Once in place I could see that some modification is needed to make sure they run as close to the body work as possible and in parallel to the line the stay will take. the fact that the bracket on the chassis has a different spacing to the bracket on the roll bar is going to make this a little more tricky, but I think it will work.

I am still pondering the best method for cutting the covers that hide the roll bar mounting plates.



No comments:

Post a Comment