Monday 20 February 2012

Build Day 51


Build time today 3.0 hours - Total build time 136.0 hours.
Man time today 3.0 hours - Total man time 154.0 hours.

Until I have the rear wing back and enough time there only so many jobs I can tackle, the first for the day was to label the fuses. The car does not have a glove box or manual and I did not want to be stuck somewhere with a blown fuse and no idea which one needs to be changed without inspecting them all. There are also a couple that live under the dash that I will label.










I then decided to have a go at carbon fibre wrapping, planning to start with the pedal cover and then move on the the wing mirrors, I did not get on to the wing mirrors as covering the pedal cover took considerably longer than expected.  The finished job is OK ( I think) but far from perfect, the problem was getting the wrap to stretch and then stick around the area the steering column runs.
I may make sure that when I do the mirrors I lightly sand them first so I have a better surface for the wrap to bond to, a little more research may be needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment