Monday 20 February 2012

Build Day 50


Build time today 4.0 hours - Total build time 133.0 hours.
Man time today 4.0 hours - Total man time 151.0 hours.

I first completed the oil catch can assembly, the supporting bracket I had attached used a couple of rivet nuts to mount to the chassis, as I had had some issues with rivet nuts in the past not being as secure as I thought I decided to add a nut and bolt to secure the bracket more securely and added an M8 bolt inserted through the chassis rail. Once this was in place I mounted the catch can and routed the pipes to the crank case and cam cover outlets. I used a securing point on the intake manifold and the exiting point I had created for the clutch cable to hold the pipes in place and away from the ancillary belts.


I then decided to have a go at assembling the dash, so collected the clocks and switches together with the rest of the electrical items. There is not really very much info on what is needed and I guess there is no fixed order for the switches and clocks. The holes for the clocks and larger switches are already cut and ready the smaller switches and warning lights have cut outs in the back plate but not in the cover so I needed to carefully cut a hole for the warning lights.
When I checked through the warning lights and small switches I found I had more of these than suitable holes in the back plate, I will have a look at the demo car to check where they have theirs located before finishing off plus I have two heater switches but no hazard switch so need to pop in to swap them.



No comments:

Post a Comment