Sunday 26 February 2012

Build Day 52


Build time today 5.0 hours - Total build time 141.0 hours.
Man time today 6.0 hours - Total man time 162.0 hours.

A Day spent assembling the body off the car.

I first laid out dust sheets etc on the floor to protect the panels then carefully lined the panels up and clamped them in place. There were a couple of areas where there was excess fibre glass to be removed. I used a fine file and/or wet and dry to smooth these areas down.
Once every thing was lined up as well as possible I carefully drilled and used the supplied M6 nuts and bolts together with the 25mm washers to fasten together. I had to square some of the washers off to get them to fit.
The finished result is not bad but far from perfect, there are several places where there are raised edges where the panels butt together that despite my best efforts I could not get to line up. Not sure if this is normal of not or if something can be done about it. The next step is to lift the bodywork in to place. This is not likely to be a quite process and will require several pairs of hands. So needs to be left until tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment