Monday 13 February 2012

Build Day 43


Build time today 1.0 hours - Total build time 115.5 hours.
Man time today 1.0 hours - Total man time 132.0 hours.

Coolant system
cut top scuttle to fit around steering column

Onto the coolant system, I spent a little time working out where bits went but decided that I need to get the scuttle in place as a number of pipes are dependant on its position. Trouble was, like most things, it was not straight forward, firstly to fit properly the sides need to be in place and it needs to be trimmed around the steering column.


















I lined the scuttle with the steering column to get the position on the scuttle needed to be cut then worked out how high the cut needed to be made. I protected the area with masking tape and marked where it needed to be cut out. To trim I used a combination of diamond cutting disk and rotary sanding disk in my Dremel (copy) plus a standard drill bit. I have cut the hole with as little clearance as possible, I suspect I may need to trim a little more from the hole before final fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment