Tuesday 7 February 2012

Build Day 42


Build time today 1.0 hours - Total build time 114.5 hours.
Man time today 1.0 hours - Total man time 131.0 hours.

Spent time bleeding the brakes again, having confirmed with Westfield that all the bleed nipples need to be bled. The basic sequence is to start at the furthest point bleeding the lower nipples before the upper nipples. 
So passenger rear lower outer; lower inner; upper outer then upper inner etc. The upper inners were difficult to get a bleed tube on and I ended up disconnecting the hand brake cable to allow access.
I had completed a circuit and seemed to be getting to pressure when I noticed  a suspicious puddle on the floor.  Idiot me had not tightened up one of the brake pipe line connectors where it splits at the rear and a right fiddle it was to tighten as it sits behind the fuel tank.
Once tightened I redid the bleeding pumped the pedal a bit and left it compressed so I can check them again.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment