Friday 3 February 2012

Build Day 39



Build time today 2.0 hours - Total build time 108.5 hours.
Man time today 2.0 hours - Total man time 125.5 hours.

More time spent on the wiring, firstly yo finish off by sorting out the remaining earth wires, these needed to be cut to length and ring terminals attached before being taped, cable wrapped and secured to the rivet nut inserted in readiness.
Once this was done I then made some final adjustments to get the cables lined up before using cable ties and the rivet attached mount points to secure in place. Getting at them, especially those in the transmission tunnel was not easy but they are now secured in place, I hope to he requisite standard required for IVA.

Wires secured and covered,
they just need the cable ties trimmed
A view of the wires from the transmission tunnel,
Very much neater than when I first started the tidy up opperation


















I have still got to secure the engine management box etc and wires further forward in the engine bay but these tasks are for another day. I won't fasten up the remaining engine bay wiring until I need to so that it can be adjusted to suit when I do the front lights etc.

I then had a go at modifying the dip stick pipe. The supplied configuration fouls the exhaust manifold and the pipe needs to be bent to clear it. I had had a little mess in the past and was not sure how it was attached,, it does not seem to fit tightly but I checked with Westfield I was told it was secured with an O ring and could be pulled free. It was therefore a matter of pulling free and using a pipe bender to assist in re-shaping to miss the manifold. Once re-shaped the mounting bracket was no longer in the correct place so I made an extension bracket from an aluminium plate off cut. The pipe is now clear of the manifold, the down side is that getting the dip stick in and out requires quite a bit of fiddling, this is something I may have to come back to in the future to address.






No comments:

Post a Comment