Monday 30 January 2012

Build Day 36


Build time today 4.5 hours - Total build time 102.0 hours.
Man time today 4.5 hours - Total man time 118.5 hours.

More time spent on the wiring loom, it is now starting to look a lot tidier but there is more to be done. Access is the main stumbling block as the wiring needs to be tided up in confined spaces. Starting again on the Engine management loom was the right approach to take the wiring is now a lot neater. Where there are a large number of wires routed around the top right of the chassis I have covered them where they route around the chassis diagonal.
Engine management loom now starting to look
Much neater
Trunking applied to wires running round chassis


















Concentrating only on the loom though becomes tedious so I picked up a few other task as well.



I completed the trimming and preparing the chassis for the transmission tunnel panels. These are now ready to fit. I have used rivet nuts for all of these panels to allow them to be removed if need be.
I suspect that this will be rare except for the rear most panel that allows access to the hand brake adjustment.









I next started on the rear lights, the advice from Westfield regarding the fog and reversing lights was to screw locking nuts on first then fit the lights with more locking nuts, this would allow for adjustment of the lights to keep them square. It worked. I next needed to drill holes in the rear panel to allow the reflectors and light clusters to be fitted. Luckily the indicator units fitted very snugly in the centres allowing me to use these to mark up where the holes are required. I used a straight edge and lined the holes up by sight. I was warned by Westfield to be caution how far into the combined stop/tail lamps I inserted screws as there is not a lot of room and there are circuit boards inside. The self tapping screws supplied seem a little long to me so I have decided to use M4 domed headed screws, (all ready ordered to secure the gear stick gaiter). I used an M4 tap to thread the light clusters and reflectors and will fit once the screws arrive.Once fitted I will make sure the wiring is secured and tidy.


No comments:

Post a Comment