Friday 27 January 2012

Build Day 34


Build time today 2.0 hours - Total build time 92.5 hours.
Man time today 2.0 hours - Total man time 109.0 hours.

A good evening, I first fitted the horn, thought it best to do this before the radiator, there is a rivet nut in the chassis ready but I could not find an M6 bolt. A quick search through my own stash soon produced just the item a 16mm Allen key headed bolt. A drop of nut-lock and it was soon mounted. Next I wrapped spiral cable wrap around the horn and fan wires coming out of the main loom, for added protection. Bit of a tedious task, but better to protect the cables as much as reasonably possible.




















Getting the top mounts on was straight forward and then I clamped them to the chassis while I attached the lower fastenings. These were more fiddly getting the lower right nut started to quite a while and lots of fiddling before it finally bit.Once the bottom fittings were secure it was just a matter of lining up the top mounts drilling and riveting in place. Once in place I attached the cables and tucked some of the excess cable away.

I then wrapped the brake related cables having roughly worked out how they would route and where they would leave the chassis rails. Again the intention is to wrap the cables where they float in the engine bay.

Getting closer to the point where I can fully secure the wiring loom





No comments:

Post a Comment