Sunday 15 January 2012

Build Day 30



Build time today 2.0 hours - Total build time 84.0 hours.
Man time today 2.0 hours - Total man time 100.5 hours.


Another day of thought and preparation.

I first had another look at the wiring making sure I thought I understood as much as possible. I then took pictures of what I thought went where so I could formulate a clarification question for Westfield.

Once that was complete I then had a look for the grommets to fit the holes in the transmission tunnel, trouble is the grommets only just fit the holes and easily fall out, so another question is needed, I may cut a now panel and put smaller holes in.








I then finished the blanking plate for the hole cut to fill the gearbox, I still haven't filled the gearbox, I am just trying to confirm how much oil it should take to make it easier to judge when I am close to filling it up rather than just waiting for it to over flow.












I then started on the radiator and fan assembly, that section looks to be reasonably straight forward, the rest I am not so sure of as again the description in the guide does not cover the Zetec engine. Again found a couple of items missing so could not complete.

I lastly had a look at cutting a hole for the gear leaver in the next section of the transmission tunnel cover. The hole is marked, I think but need to double check how it all assembles before cutting.

Next to formulate another question for Westfield.







No comments:

Post a Comment