Monday 12 December 2011

Build day 14


Build time today 2.5 hours - Total build time 46.5 hours.
Man time today 2.5 hours - Total man time 57.5 hours.

Diff and drive shafts ready for assembly
Did not get too much done today. I first of all had a look at the diff and drive shafts. I have not started the fit yet as I think it will be a two man job. I have got all the parts together ready for assembly. Though I am not quite sure how I will torque up Allen key bolts. (I think more tools are required).








I then had a go at the hand brake, the build guide says to line up the hand brake and drill holes, thankfully the holes are now pre-drilled. shame they aren't in the correct place. The holes needed to be elongated to allow the bolts to drop though. A simple task will a round file and the handbrake was soon fitted.


Working out where the cable goes is not quite as straight forward though as the guide illustration look to feed the cables to the bottom of the brakes but the Westfield light weight brakes have the handbrake connector at the top. I'll look at the pictures I have of a part assembled car to see if I can get a clue




Dash section of wiring loom with Dymo labels



Once back from taking Oli for a driving lesson I had a go at putting permanent labels on the wiring loom section that feeds the dash. Becki helped printing labels ready for me to stick on.






No comments:

Post a Comment