Monday 12 December 2011

Build Day 13 part 2



Build time today 1.5 hours - Total build time 44.0 hours.
Man time today 1.5 hours - Total man time 55.0 hours.

Had a look at the wiring loom and wiring diagram in the lounge in the evening.

Fuse boxes labelled


I first labelled the fuses boxes as directed in the build guide.





Labelled loom




Then I looked at the loom in general and wondered where to start, how do I translate a black and white diagram to coloured wiring.
Eventually it started to become clear. The diagram shows the grommets and each length of wire so by picking a recognisable point eg the fuse boxes I started to follow the diagram. I went through the diagram and harness labelling each connector using masking tape and a pen.

I intend to use my Dymo machine to label up the wires that live behind the dash to allow for easier removal should it be needed and reading other diaries it probably will.





No comments:

Post a Comment