Wednesday 30 November 2011

Build Day 5


Build time today 2.5 hours - Total build time 15.5 hours.
Man time today 2.5 hours - Total man time 23.0 hours.

Not a bad day managed to pop into the factory and speak to the helpful staff. They soon explained what I needed to know, showing me on cars in the factory where possible and replacing the bits that I could not find. They explained that some of the missing items had not been delivered. I must not have picked that up when everything was delivered. I at least understand what is missing and can progress. Completed the pedal assemblies, I needed to cut approx 1cm from the brake master cylinder push bar to enable it to fit and work freely without catching the pedal assembly, that meant detaching and re-attaching but really quite straightforward. The throttle assembly was also straightforward, just needed to enlarge a couple of holes.






Picture shows the shortened brake push rod, you should be able to see that there is less than 1cm of clearance




Pedals fitted from inside

Pedal fittings from the outside










Drivers side wishbones with upright mountings and correctly
assembled anti roll bar components attached to wishbone
 Then back on to the front suspension. I re-read the manual, this together with the pictures I have made more sense. I disassembled the top wishbones and re-assembled in what I hope is now the correct configuration
Passenger side wishbones ....














I had a quick look at the shock absorber mounting as I was finishing and the manual points to two different part numbers, when I looked at what I had the boxes had the same numbers, great I thought, upon examination though they had different shocks in the boxes, one set with white springs the other with black. A quick check through the build guide and it looks like the white are the rears and the black the fronts.
I need to flip the car again as I now know what one of the aluminium panels is It’s for the battery and attaches to the bottom of the chassis between the lower front wishbones, hopefully Oli will be available tomorrow for a while to flip it over and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment