Tuesday 29 May 2012

Post Registration 1


Build time today 1.0 hours - Total build time 260.5 hours.
Man time today 1.0 hours - Total man time 289.5 hours.


Popped into the factory to see if they could swap the flawed wind deflector, luckily they had just had a new batch delivered. Simple swap.

I asked about how they recommended protecting the body work, while looking at the car in the show room and it's wind deflectors, even though they looked identical they weren't supplied by Westfield. The recommendation is to either use edging along the bottom edge or a rivit-on grommet positioned correctly. They let me have a length of edging and a couple of grommets. 

When I got home I completed the fitting of the drivers side deflector, having already worked out how I would fit it did not take long. At the moment I have used edging along the bottom to protect the body work, plus I have put some orange duct tape on the body. I plan to use the grommet long term but want to be sure of its positioning first.

One thing I have been advised to do is to align the windscreen uprights with doors, just in case I have doors in the future. Once the registation has come through I will try and pop up to the factory tomorrow the doors off their demonstrator to adjust the windscreen.  Once this is done and with a bit of driving I should be able to position the grommet, plus get accurate measurements to order a half hood, when they start making them again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment