Thursday 7 June 2012

Post Registration 4

Managed to pop to the petrol station between rain showers to fill up, the tank was registering empty but when I looked in through the cap I could see that there was some still showing at the bottom of the tank.
Filling for the first time was a little nerve racking, I suspected if I was not careful it would be easy to over fill and then there would be petrol every where. In the end it was not too bad I used a torch to keen an eye on the levels and of course with proper pumps they cut off. In the end I put in just over 16.25 litres (update correct amount entered, had read the sale cost not litres) with it just starting to fill the fill tube. (update This means the fuel gauge is far from accurate. I think I will sort out a fuel can to go behind the passenger seat and run it much lower, filling when only just under half empty will start to get troublesome).

later I managed to get another 35 mile run, this went well with no issues at all, the fuel gauge does not seem to have moved to much either.

When putting the car away I noticed that the back did not seem to be level, I checked the measurements and the wheel arch and at the lowered flow and it seems to be 1cm higher on one side than the other. As the suspension was set up by Westfield decided to let them have a look at this also. Though with the weather forecast I was not sure when I would be able to get to the factory.

Thankfully woke to a sunny morning so poped to the factory. They checked the oil leak and siad they thought it would be ok it was just suface grease and signs of bedding in, they advised I keep an eye on it and it it does not clear up to go back.

Next Mark had a look at the issue with one side looking higher than the other, he measured the shocks and from the chassis rails rather than the lowed floor, there was very little difference, he did say that during the running in period it could change and it would be worth keeping an eye on the suspension set up. The issue I have is not the suspension but the body work looks to have settled on one side more than the other and needs to be adjusted. This can be achieved by loosening the fixings to the aluminium bracket at the back and adjusting the levels.

I asked Mark about running in, I said that I was keeping it to 4000 revs which he said was ok, he advised that the longer the running in period the better and advised trying to keep the revs down for 2000 miles. He recommended an oil change at 500 miles and another at 1000 with the filter plus another oil and filter change at 2000 miles. For the first couple he said that cheap oil would be ok but for the 2000 change use a good quality fully synthetic oil. I guess running in is not going to be easy but it's not exactly slow keeping to 4000 revs and not using full throttle.

Just need some good weather so I can get some runs in plus plenty of money to keep adding fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment