Friday 6 January 2012

Build Day 26


Build time today 1.5 hours - Total build time 74.5 hours.
Man time today 1.5 hours - Total man time 91.0 hours.

Another quiet evening without much progress, managed to get some parts from Westfield and answers to the questions I had posted. Thankfully I had installed the engine correctly and drilling chassis for the gearbox mounting is correct.
They also confirmed that the steering rack should be correct length, I still think there looks to be too much toe out so I double checked that there was no adjustment remaining and then measured the distance between the front of the disks and the rear and the there is 3cm difference which to me seems quite a lots so took some pictures to send to Westfield.
I then swapped the temporary bolts I had used to hold the LH engine mount with the correct ones, which required the engine to be lifted slightly to take the weight, I used a trolley jack and block of wood to lift the engine a little to allow access to the holes.
The bolts used were the ones for the lower steering column, I studied that and now understand how to fit and which part goes where, still not sure how the bush gets inserted into the bracket though.
I still have various bags of bits and pieces opened and partly use. I sorted through those to check what I have and what I think the parts are for. I assembled the anti-roll bar drop links loosely so that all the remaining parts are together and labels the fronts and rears as they are different lengths (fronts longer than rears) and sorted through the rest bagging up any remaining similar items together rather than having lots of bags with only one or two items in each.
There are still a couple of things that I need some clarification on but there are plenty of other tasks to progress which I understand.
the body work should be at the factory next week but I won't organise delivery until later as I still have plenty of other tasks to undertake before fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment