Friday 25 November 2011

The day or arrival

The day has finally come for delivery, I should be able to get started.
As I live so close to the factory they aggreed to deliver, as long as it was a week day. I arranged to work from home (despite the temptation I only broke from work for the deliveries).

Garage is clear and has hopefully plenty of room to be filled with bits of Westfield

First consignment arrives, looks quite a lot of stuff !!

Loaded into garage ready for engine and chassis
(It turns out I judged the placement of the chassis stands perfectly)

Engine being wheeled in on a borrowed hoist

Every thing delivered (for the moment)
Despite the temptation I needed to get back to work and put unpacking everything until later. Once unpacked I tried to go through the bill of materials, but examining it in detail was near impossible. I went through and identified the major item groups. There really does look a lot of compontents and considering there are still compontents to come (head lights, interior, dash, bodywork and rear lights...) there looks a lot to be done. There were plenty of objects I was totally unsure of, I am sure all will become clear as time passes.

Every thing unpacked and layed out
I then sorted everything in to some sort of order of use and packed what I could in to stackable crates or put on shelves (or in the roof space) then got on to the first real task of sorting the pannels.

Everything repacked and stacked
It looks like I have a pannel or two missing plus some others that I can't identify, will pot up to the factory in the morning or if not open on the way home on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment